Poem - The Years

The Years

The years have brought me,
Wisdom,
And white hair.

The years have taught me,
That life is not fair,
But we may be fair to it.

The years have fought with me,
As I fought off,
Evil temptations.

The years have enchanted me,
With stories that I thought,
 I would never come across.

The years told me,
That the waiting years are weary,
But worth-while.

The years have taught me that all
Are imposters,
Only memories remain...

The years told me,
It is easy to become evil and fall,
But difficult to be good and rise.
But that the latter is possible and more precious.

The years have taught me,
That one may be made to fall,
But rising is in our hands.

The years have taught me not to let dreams die,
Keep holding on long enough,
And watch them come alive.


Dr.S.Padmapriya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

நிகரற்ற நடிகர் சிவாஜி கணேசன்! Sivaji Ganesan

Poem: The Breaking of the Bastille

உலக தொலைநோக்கு பார்வையாளர் - பண்டிட் தீன் தயாள் உபாத்யாயா ஜி